Mining Risk Assessment
What is it exactly?
A Mining Risk Assessment aims to identify mining related ground instability with potential to impact the property valuation. This assessment will involve a visit to the property, a visual inspection of the external elevations of the dwelling, outbuildings and garden areas. This is followed by a written report on the observations and any recommendations for further action, if required.
Who would benefit from it?
Purchasers, homeowners and commercial or residential property developers who are buying/selling a property or looking to refinance. Applying to properties based in the South West.
When would the need for one arise?
When there is mining risk within defined parameters to the property a Mining Risk Assessment will be recommended. This assessment will generally mitigate that risk or recommend further action when required.
Why does our report stand out?
- Unique and comprehensive datasets combining over 40 years of site investigations and extensive archives of mining records…
- Site inspections conducted by one of Mining Searches UK’s trained and experienced geologists – allowing for a bespoke risks assessment for each individual property…
- Considers not just any built structures but the whole of the property and site.
- Cost effective and expeditious solution providing assurances to purchasers and lenders during the conveyancing process…
- Simple, clear and efficient guidance with clear next steps and advisory
- Risk based approach – focus on mining risk with inspection of building and property as evidence…
To talk to our geologists about, or request a Mining Risk Assessment
Mining Searches UK is the trading name of Cornwall Mining Services Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registration number 01381067 and with registered offices at c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London W1B 2AP.