In providing search reports and services Mining Searches UK will comply with the Search Code.
Independent dispute resolution
If you make a complaint and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (website www.tpos.co.uk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with his final decision.
Consumer Information with Complaints Procedure
Important Consumer Protection Information
This search has been produced by Cornwall Mining Services Limited, trading as Mining Searches UK, Highburrow Lane, Wilson Way, Pool Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3RN, 01209 218861, email@example.com which is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) as a subscriber to the Search Code. The PCCB independently monitors how registered search firms maintain compliance with the Code.
The Search Code:
- provides protection for homebuyers, sellers, estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage lenders who rely on the information
- included in property search reports undertaken by subscribers on residential and commercial property within the United Kingdom
- sets out minimum standards which firms compiling and selling search reports have to meet
- promotes the best practice and quality standards within the industry for the benefit of consumers and property professionals
- enables consumers and property professionals to have confidence in firms which subscribe to the code, their products and services
By giving you this information, the search firm is confirming that they keep to the principles of the Code. This provides important protection for you.
The Code’s core principles
Firms which subscribe to the Search Code will:
- display the Search Code logo prominently on their search reports
- act with integrity and carry out work with due skill, care and diligence
- at all times maintain adequate and appropriate insurance to protect consumers
- conduct business in an honest, fair and professional manner
- handle complaints speedily and fairly
- ensure that products and services comply with industry registration rules and standards and relevant laws
- monitor their compliance with the Code
If you have a query or complaint about your search, you should raise it directly with the search firm, and if appropriate ask for any complaint to be considered under their formal internal complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the firm’s final response, after your complaint has been formally considered, or if the firm has exceeded the response timescales, you may refer your complaint for consideration under The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs). The Ombudsman can award compensation of up to £5,000 to you if he finds that you have suffered actual loss as a result of your search provider failing to keep to the Code.
Please note that all queries or complaints regarding your search should be directed to your search provider in the first instance, not to TPOs or to the PCCB.
TPOs Contact Details
The Property Ombudsman scheme
43-55 Milford Street
Wiltshire SP1 2BP
Tel: 01722 333306
Fax: 01722 332296
You can get more information about the PCCB from www.propertycodes.org.uk.
PLEASE ASK YOUR SEARCH PROVIDER IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE SEARCH CODE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you want to make a complaint, we will:
- Acknowledge it within 5 working days of receipt.
- Normally deal with it fully and provide a final response, in writing, within 20 working days of receipt.
- Keep you informed by letter, telephone or e-mail, as you prefer, if we need more time.
- Provide a final response, in writing, at the latest within 40 working days of receipt.
- Liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf.
Complaints should be sent to: Paul Raglan, Managing Director, Mining Searches UK, Highburrow Lane, Wilson Way, Pool Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3RN, Tel: 01872 218861, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our final response, or if we exceed the response timescales, you may refer the complaint to The property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs): Tel: 01722 333306, E-mail: email@example.com.
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with his final decision.