Customer Services & Data Entry Administrator
Job Description and Person Specification
40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
8.30am – 5pm, Salary £DOE
Does your working day pass slowly in your current job? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work in fast-paced and innovative team? How does working for an established and trusted UK business sound? Interested? Then we might be just what you’re looking for!
Mining Searches UK is a professional consultancy which leads the way in interpretive mining search reports, investigations and remediation across the UK. Our 15-strong team is comprised of geologists, search writers and a variety of other talented individuals. We are a dynamic, hard-working, respectful team of professionals, looking for the right individual to complement our existing team.
You will work closely with our Client Relationship Manager to help meet and deliver client expectations, acting as a key point of contact with clients and suppliers and supporting our reception team in the wide-ranging, day to day aspects of business administration.
Your main duties will primarily include inputting mining search request data onto our management system, handling telephone and email enquiries along with welcoming clients to our office, reception cover and assisting with event planning. You will also support our geology department producing estimates and quotations for site investigation reports.
You will be adaptable and organised, confident working alone, possess excellent communication skills that enable you to manage and maintain positive client relationships and take a proactive approach in managing your own workload. Above all, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and potential, to join our existing team.
If you are a self-motivated administrator, passionate about client experience and customer service, have excellent relationship-building skills with colleagues and clients and demonstrable experience of working efficiently and flexibly under pressure, then this could be you!
For more detailed information on the job role please download the job description here. Applications by CV and cover letter to Donna Raglan firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9th November 2018
Anticipated week of interviews: w/c 19th November 2018
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Working Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 8.30am – 5pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Main Purpose of Job
A key point of contact for clients and suppliers, you will act as an ambassador for the Company whilst undertaking all aspects of the business administration function. You will take responsibility for processing mining search requests and generating estimates and quotations, managing wide-ranging client queries and reception cover. This is a broad and varied administration role, in what can often be a fast paced and pressurised environment.
Mining Searches UK is a professional consultancy which leads the way in interpretive mining search reports, investigations and remediation across the UK. As a business we provide desktop mining searches and reports to architects, developers, solicitors and surveyors relating to the sale or purchase of property and land. We have a team of 15 hard-working and dynamic employees, all working collaboratively to help deliver the Company objectives.
Working closely with the Client Relationship Manager and Administration Team and reporting to the Finance Manager, you will work in close proximity with colleagues and managers to meet and deliver our clients’ expectations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Inputting mining search request data onto our management system
- Providing estimates for “non-standard” properties and site investigation reports
- Validating addresses and plans via various sources
- Actioning various tasks via our management system
- Taking telephone calls and messages
- Resolving client enquiries
- Providing cover for reception
- Administration duties including logging post, photocopying and scanning
- Managing the stationery supplies and ordering when required
- Preparing meeting rooms for scheduled meetings and events
- Welcoming clients, showing them to meeting rooms and providing them with refreshments
- Maintaining reception area, meeting rooms, communal areas and kitchen ensuring that they are clean, tidy and organised
Skills and Attributes
- Experience in a secretarial or administrative role
- Must have some previous experience of working in a role interacting with clients
- Possess proficient people skills with a polite and professional manner
- Manage and maintain positive client relationships
- Will be smart in appearance and manner
- Be willing to undertake and adapt to any task they are given within this busy office environment
- Have accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Receptive to change and new ways of working
- An excellent level of IT skills and competent in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative and be willing to go the extra mile for your colleagues and clients
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- A confident and polite telephone manner
- Resilient – able to function effectively under pressure
- Enjoys being part of a team and hold the respect and confidence of your colleagues and clients
- Be comfortable working in a team or on your own initiative
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to your work
- Be very well organised and able to prioritise
- Display a positive, helpful and can-do attitude
- Be flexible and discreet and maintain confidentiality
This post is predominantly desk-based and will involve regular VDU use. The successful candidate must therefore be reasonably able to undertake the duties of this role without severely impacting their physical health.